Enjoy the Penne pasta tossed in white sauce in this delightful Penne in white sauce recipe. The penne pasta is prepared and then en robed in a creamy freshly made white sauce and enjoyed as a main course meal with soups.
3 cups cooked pasta
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp plain flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1/4 cup grated processed cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add sweet corn kernels and sauté on a medium flame for a minute and keep aside.
2.Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the milk gradually and cook no a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the oregano, thyme, chili flakes, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Add the sautéed corn kernels and pasta, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Serve immediately garnished with cheese.