Friday 7 October 2016

ARBI (Colocacia root) KI PURI



Ahh, Navratri days are on their high peak, and you all must have tasted all types fasting food. May be some are still in the list, But there are so many recipes which you can enjoy during fasting days. Lots and lots of fasting recipes are live on social media platforms. Even lots of my blogger friends have posted so many fasting recipes, And Indeed they all are so so creative in their culinary skills. Everyone inspires each other that we can try this also, or We can try that also. That increase our knowledge of food, the ingredients and method of cooking too.

This same thing happened with our bloghop journey too, We learned lots of variety of Food, during our 60 bloghop posts!!! I truly truly feel so so proud of being a part of our bloghop community. Well, getting back to this recipe, As There are so many fast food I have tried in these 6 days, And now I literally missing some Punjabi or spicy food. :( I know its not he right to say this, As I am doing fast also and talking about Punjabi Food..But, I am being Honest :( Missing them seriously....Some new Ingredient need to be try. In that, Arbi is one of them..



Few days back Alka dee have posted some recipes with Arbi, and I told
her that I will try this veggie once for sure...Well, My Mother in law used to make Sukhi Arbi ki sabzi, and I literally didn't like that Sabzi, So I had never buy this Arbi, and Never tried anything with that. Here I have tried this Arbi in the form of Puri. I simply steam boiled this Arbi, mashed it and mixed it with Singhare ka aata, and some regular spices. I can never believe that the Puris turned out so so tasty. When I tasted one, I was frying one and having one, frying one and having one. In normal days you can always add any flour to make this Puri or Paratha too..Yeah You can make Paratha too with this dough. And its a hit recipe. I must say Thank you to Alka dee for inspiring me to use this veggie. Thank you dee...Even Himanshu too loved it :) Prisha was having one by one puri in her hand and was splaying here and there. She told me Mumma Yummy Yummy :) And that smile makes me Smile. :) So You guys check out the very simple recipe of these Puris and Enjoyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ingredients:

1 Cup Singhare ka Aata
100 gm Arbi (Colocacia root), Steam Boiled and mashed
1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
1/2 Tbsp Mint leaves, Finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp Coriander leaves, Finely Chopped
1/2 tsp Red chili Powder
1 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
Oil to Fry

Method:

1. Steam Boil the Arbi in Cooker or in steamer. then Cool it and mash it.

2. Take a Bowl and add these mashed Arbi, Singhare ka aata, Coriander seeds, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, red chili powder, Oil and salt mix all the ingredients well and make a soft dough.

3. Make small balls from the dough, and Now roll them on plastic sheets with small size Puri.

4. Carefully, Take out the Puris from the plastic sheet and fry them until they turn light brown.

Your super tempting Fasting feast is ready to eat . You can Enjoy this Puris with any Sabzi or curry.

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment